The Secrets of
Free Cash Flow
Dimitry Khmelnitsky, CPA, CA
Vice President, Partner
Head of Accounting & Special Situations
"Revenue is vanity, profit is sanity, but cash is king."
That well-known statement rings particularly true in today's markets, where capital costs are high and the liquidity taps are tight.
Unfortunately for investors, there are multiple ways of measuring cash flow. Worse yet, management teams have numerous ways of obscuring free cash flow calculations and making it look like there is more cash flow than there actually is.
We're proud to offer our Veritas 2023 Advanced Accounting Training Module: The Secrets of Cash Flow
You will learn how to ask the right questions, identify warning signs and make adjustments to management's non-GAAP free cash flow calculations (FCF) so you can verify sustainable cash flow.
The Secrets of Free Cash Flow
You can purchase the replay of our latest webinar
from Thursday, January 25, 2023
$799 + tax
(please allow us up to 48 hrs to set you up with the replay)
Please contact sales for group sales and customized private training.
Special offers are available to current clients and subscribers of our research.
The Secrets of Free Cash Flow
Time commitment: About 2.5 hours
We use real-life examples and walk participants through actual financial statements to teach you how to proactively identify warning signs in the accounting and assess their potential impact on reported results and shareholders.
• FCF: key non-GAAP metric;
• Cash flow myths;
• Operating and free cash flow tricks: real-life examples;
• Intercompany comparability;
• Maintenance capex considerations;
• Incorporating 'unusual' costs in cash flow analysis;
• Stock-based compensation considerations;
• Warning signs;
• 10 Questions for management.
• Airlines (Air Canada, Westjet)
• Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd.
• Brookfield Business Partners LP
• Brookfield Renewable Partners LP
• Canadian Telcos (BCE Inc., Telus Corp., Rogers Communications Inc., Shaw Communications Inc., Quebecor Inc., Cogeco Communications Inc.)
• Fleetcor Technologies Inc.
• Grocers (Loblaw Companies Ltd., Empire Company Ltd.)
• Netflix Inc.
• Shopify Inc.
• SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.
• Torstar Corp.
• Twitter Inc.
• WSP Global Inc.
• Brookfield Renewable Partners
Why Take Veritas Training?
When the story falls apart, it falls apart fast. Time and time again, we see that the warning signs were always there. And yet, somehow, the market responds with great surprise when the reality of underlying business challenges and deteriorating fundamentals eventually surface.
The objective of our training is to help you make better business and investment decisions. Participants benefit from our experience in identifying blow-ups often long before they occur.
Who Is Our Training For?
Over the past twenty years, we have trained regulators, portfolio managers, enforcement officers, business professionals, bank lending professionals, legal professionals, investment advisors, accountants, university students and individual investors.
Contact sales to discuss options.